blog entry 3, thats so hot right now




 I’m always on the lookout for new trends on campus and I have discovered the trend of pushing bags. So a few days ago I was walking around campus and I heard the sound of wheels, I turned around and noticed people carrying these huge bags that almost look like suitcases, and I was wondering how someone could carry such a huge bag to campus, I mean the bags have wheels but at some point you are going to have to lift it. This trend originated from lawyers. The pushing bags were initially carried by lawyers because the bag comes with various pockets and helped them organize their files neatly and mostly because sometimes they had to carry a lot of files and they would not fit into your normal handbag or briefcase.

Students here at UFS have now adopted this trend, but the irony is that the bags are not carried by law students but by students who are doing their honours, the trend has even been dubbed the “ I’m doing honours starter pack”. I spoke to an honours student named Hlumi, who said that they carry the bags because they have a lot of textbooks and rather than carrying huge heavy textbooks, it is convenient for you to get a pushing bag. There are a lot of mixed feelings about the trend on campus as some students feel that the bags are not necessary and that honours students are just showing off. Donna who is an education student said that “the reason I do not like the bags is because they are too big and when we enter the gates we always have to wait for a bit because it is a struggle to get them through the swiping gates or the labs and they block traffic.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blog entry 2

blog entry human rights day